Follow by Email

Saturday, January 2, 2016

I Find This Interesting

I find this interesting. My entire family has been sick this week, for some reason the kids don’t seem nearly as bad as my wife and I. We all have a terrible cough but my wife and I have STREP as well. While it has been miserable to be sick and mostly stay inside over the holiday weekend with so much snow waiting to be played in outside. The interesting thing is, this week has been one of my favorite times in recent history, just because we all stayed home to avoid exposing others to our misfortune. Most family and friends have avoided coming over and in the end it has been a very relaxing, connecting and really rewarding week just being home with the family.

Isn’t it funny how we get so caught up in doing something fun or memorable that we occasionally forget to just enjoy some simple time with the people we love most. One reason I am enjoying this blog so much is because it causes me to analyze my life and take note of things that I might not have thought of a second time. As a parent I think there is nothing more enjoyable and rewarding than spending quality time with my kids. We made up several games, my son read me a book, he’s getting pretty good, we all spent some time on art. My daughter painted, I drew a picture of her and my son wanted to build something which I thought meant Legos so I said how about you draw what you’re going to build and then build it but once he was going he decided to draw a picture of our house and then he cut pieces of paper out and glued them all together to look like the house he had just drawn. All these things are simple but it’s fun to see them imagine, create and learn.

Back to the illness, as a nurse I’ve witnessed first-hand how over drugged we are as a general population. Maybe that causes me to be extreme on the other end or maybe in the end I’ll be better off for it. It’s hard to say. I decided not to get antibiotics for my strep throat. It is painful and annoying so I’ve tried all kinds of natural cures, despite the fact that it’s quite well known that many things can help us avoid getting sick but once the bacteria or virus reaches a point that we begin to feel symptomatic, there really isn’t much you can do to reverse the process, and it usually takes about 4-7 days for most common seasonal illnesses to go away. Never the less, some of the things I have done for many years are Cayenne Pepper in V8 Juice, and Apple Cider Vinegar, especially the organic kind with mother in it. The pain increases when I stop eating and drinking so to help sooth my throat I make up a hot drink that is fabulous. I make some American Saffron Tea in water and apple juice. I put in a scoop of Honey and a couple drops of Lemon Oil.

The Lifestyle of The Healthy, Wealthy and Happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow by Email